Welcome!

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Thank you for subscribing; I’m so glad you’re joining the fun!

Three to four times a month, I send out a newsletter stuffed full of crafty sewing projects and delicious recipes for the family.

You’ll get all the brand-new projects, giveaways, and one or two oldies but goodies you probably haven’t seen. (I have over 12 years of sewing, crafts, and recipes to share!)

You might get lost in the patterns, tutorials, recipes, and inspiring ideas you’ll find on our site. So, just to get you started, here are my most popular sewing-related and recipe posts. Have fun browsing!

Readers Favorite Recipes

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

88 Comments

1. Love all your ideas for fleece! That is what drew me to you and your site.

Personally, I have decided I am not making any more clothes, although I promised to make my son-in-law a vest. Mostly I make crafty things like pencil cases, hot pads, tote bags, drawstring bags — mostly things that can be made with fat quarters.

Looking forward to receiving your emails. I enjoy seeing what other creative people do, even if I refuse to make clothing any longer.

1. Jamie Sanders says:

I know how you feel. I’ve been more into small quilts and other items as well lately.

2. How to finish the back of a quilt. Im a beginner. I have seen quilts where the back has beautiful swirls, straight lines Do you need a better sewing machine? I have a kenmor with limited stitches designs Help Thanks Dawn

3. Mary Geurin says:

need 12 mon patterns for baby girl. I also make blankets and throws.

4. Sallie Elliott says:

I’m so impressed with your talents and generosity in sharing how you make things. Very admirable and follows the concept of “each one teach one” except you’ve clearly taken that to new heights. Thank you!!!

1. Jamie Sanders says:

Thank you for the nice comment!

5. Glad to discover your site. I sew for my granddaughter and finding cute, simple patterns seems exciting. Looking forward to future site ideas.Thanks, Sandra

6. i have a large amount of squares of fleece left over from making no tie blankets for a local nursing home,my church project, any ideas for using all these squares? any info or help would be greatly appreciated

7. Tena Britts says:

Hi Jamie, Happy New Year!! Greetings from Columbus, Ms. I am a novice when it comes to making a quilt. I have quilt blocks that are 3.94 inch and 10×10 cm that was ordered from Temu. I will take a picture so you can see. I need some inspiration on what kind of quilt to make. Please help. Tena B.

8. Thank you for the tips, tricks and free patterns. They make a difference for a senior quilter who has a limited income. It allows me to quilt more using a variety of patterns. Your work is appreciated.

9. Thank you for your site, which I just found. May my quilt guild use your Scrappy Heart Quilt Block as a block of the month, giving you full credit of course? Thank you.

10. Is it possible to download the postcard from Sweden quilt pattern

11. Enid C. Morrison says:

Love your Easy Banana Bread Recipe (No Mixer Needed) – question I have is do you have the nutritional info available for this recipe. My husband is on sodium and myself and dear friends I like to bake for are on sugar restricted diets. If you could reply would be so appreciated! I have subscribed to your newsletter and will be glad to get going. Thank you!

1. Jamie Sanders says:

I dont have it yet, but will get it added in. I use a website called myfitnesspal to calculate the nutritional info. They ahve a page where you can calculate entire recipes by copying and pasting the ingredients into their online form. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe_parser

12. I have been using the peasent dress many many times already. I have even down sized it so I can make matching nighties for my granddaughters dolls. That you

13. Bonjour, je n’arrive pas à avoir la page pour les instruction des robes 1) Modèle de robe T-shirt à manches cloche, taille 3 à 12
    2) Parfait Patron De Robe De T-Shirt Et Tutoriel (Patron De Couture Pdf Gratuit Sz 3 À 12)
    j’ai tout essayé et je tombe sur une page ou il y à ERROR
    Un grand merci si vous pouvez m’envoyer un lien pour les instructions

CORDIALEMENT
    PS: ce que vous faites en nous les partageants vraiment beau magnifique merci

14. Thanks for the different ideas on the pillow slip dress.I’m in Australia and it’s coming into our summer and have 2 granddaughters who love to climb and the pheasant dress is perfect to got with their shorts.

15. Bonnie Madura says:

This might sound silly but, here I go,
    Do you have a pdf tutorial for the coaster pattern. I am a very visual learner and need written instructions for everything, even the easiest projects. I can screenshoot your posted tutorial but there a lot of ads that clutter the post.
    I am wanting to make the Christmas ornament coasters and the wine bottle bag patterns. This would be much appreciated.

1. Jamie Sanders says:

Many people use printfriendly.com to print.

16. Hi, I was looking at your recipes, and saw the recipe for Butter Pecan ice cream. Looks delicious, was wondering if you’ve ever tried the No Churn Ice Creams? It’s jus 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk, and 2 cups of Cold Heavy Whipping Cream, and then an added 1/4c. of regular milk. The regular milk isn’t in the Eagle Brand No Churn Ice Cream recipe, I added it to my version after watching a segment of America’s Test kitchen, they were making a salted caramel coconut and a mint chocolate chip and it’s added to make it a less greasy mouth feel, and It does! I’ve made Strawberry, Butter Pecan, Cherry (using cherry pie filling) you could probably use blueberry pie filling for blueberry too, and I just made Almond Joy, swirling in coconut, chopped almonds, and hot fudge sauce. The Butter Pecan recipe is so easy, Pecans, butter, and maple extract. After seeing the recipe for Butter Pecan with having to basically make a custard and having to use an ice cream maker. The No Churn Ice Cream base is so easy, and no Ice Cream Freezer, needed!

1. Jamie Sanders says:

Well, I have a ice cream maker, so I dont do the no churn too often. I’ve tried it with all heavy cream, whicn is definitely easiest, because you can just put it in the freezer and forget it. However, I do prefer it with half milk, half cream. (or all half n half) I do stir it a few times after putting it in the freezer to help with the consistancy,

17. Julia F cerny says:

Looking for pdf of “Simple square blocks” beginner quilt pattern. The featured picture was with Christmas fabrics.

18. Nancy Toney says:

I live on Maui in Hawaii. We have just had a catastrophic fire . more than 2000 peiple havv lost their jobs and homes I am so glad to find the pattern for the plillow slip dress. I am going to be using up all that stashed fabric to make dress for the little girls. I am 87 years old and hve been quilting for 50 years. summertime on Maui we need dresses more than quilts. thanks for your generosity.